Jack and Jack Stands

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Jack and Jack Stands
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Perkins on Monday, July 18, 2016 - 04:44 pm:

Looking for a jack that will lift the 1926 Roadster at the frame. Then jack stands high enough from floor to frame - approx. 28 inches.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, July 18, 2016 - 05:16 pm:

I don't know of any jack that can sit on the floor and reach the frame to lift the car. I use a engine hoist to pick up the rear of my cars after removing the floor board below the rear seat. A chain around the center of the rear cross member / spring can be used to hoist the entire car.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200640933_200640933?cm_mmc=Bing-pla&utm_source=Bing_PLA&utm_medium=Automotive%20%3E%20Engine%20Hoists%20%2B%20Stands&utm_campaign=Ironton&utm_content=46218

The truck jack stands shown work great to support a T frame:
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200641755_200641755

You need to place them just forward of the radius rods so the rear axle can be pulled out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, July 18, 2016 - 05:54 pm:

Steve Jelf made some nice stands and a jack fitting, see them in use here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mZzAt9Q_4k

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Monday, July 18, 2016 - 07:23 pm:

Worn out rear axle halves on end work nicely

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, July 18, 2016 - 08:00 pm:

Hmmm, now where could one find extra rear axle halves? :-O

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott nw pa on Monday, July 18, 2016 - 09:41 pm:

I mentioned awhile back that I had just found that with a small bottle jack and two ft. of allthread you can have a jack to lift the body clear of the frame. Unscrew the adjuster from the jack and insert the right size dia. allthread, no it does not have to be an Acme thread. I think mine is 5/8 dia. Even get a few large nuts to fit the all thread and it becomes adjustable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, July 18, 2016 - 10:25 pm:

One thing that my father I use that is very handy are 2 x 12s that are cut into 11.25" x 11.25" x 1.5" squares.

For example, if we need to get some extra height, we stack them under the jack or jack stand.

Sometimes when working on our modern cars, I have used them in lieu of jack stands.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration