Mike Walker featured in Hemmings

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Mike Walker featured in Hemmings
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele, Montana on Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - 09:37 am:

The September issue #144 of Hemmings Classic Cars has a nice article on the 1922 Model T truck with the Hucks airplane starter that Mike built. It's a nice 4 page article. Quite a bit of it is an interview with Mike. Great job Mike! I think there were some post on the Forum when Mike was building that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - 11:48 am:

You scared me John! Ha,ha,..... any time I see a subject title with just a forum member's name, and nothing else, it scares me! Always a relief to bring the thread up and begin reading and find out that a well known and respect forum member is indeed, still alive an' kick'n! As soon as I've read enough of the post to establish THAT, then I go back to the beginning and turn my "focus" to what the post is all about! Ha,ha,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - 12:00 pm:

John, like Harold said, I thought "oh no," something's happened to MIke. Even worse, that he bought a Chebby...... :-)

Thanks for the heads up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - 08:07 pm:

John -- yes, please add another word or something such as "Mike Walker article" or something. It was not a good first thought. And Mike -- I was really glad to see you are alright!

Yes, the article is great. A previous thread on the car is located at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/206106.html Mike -- again great job on the Hucks starter.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele, Montana on Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - 09:54 pm:

:-) :-) You guys have to be a little more positive ! Sorry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 09:02 am:

It's OK, Guys, I'm still kicking.

I guess I'll need to find a copy of that magazine and see what I did. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele, Montana on Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 06:14 pm:

Mike I will send you the one I have. I was going to wait until Chickasha and have you autograph it. Then I was going to sell it for big $$$$ bucks while I was there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 10:29 pm:

Hi, John -- A good friend who lives here gets that magazine, so he will give me his copy after he looks through it. I'll gladly autograph your copy next March at Chickasha. That and a couple of bucks will get you a cup of coffee just about anywhere. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Monday, July 25, 2016 - 02:10 pm:

My heart also skipped a beat when I read the post title. I was sure that I was going to be "out" the $10 that Mike owed me :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, July 25, 2016 - 02:17 pm:

I commented a year or so ago that seeing a member's name with no further information as a subject line for a forum post always worries me. I see I'm not the only one. Now if we could just get the word out..... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Tuesday, July 26, 2016 - 09:05 pm:

Changed the thread title as not to alarm anyone else, including me.

Chris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, July 26, 2016 - 10:03 pm:

Thanks Chris. Way to go Mike.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, July 26, 2016 - 11:15 pm:

Thank you, Chris....

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration