Well well, Look What the Magnet Dragged In...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Well well, Look What the Magnet Dragged In...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 11:09 am:

After a morning drive in my 1924 cut-off touring (now a pickup), I decided to pull the floorbards and the transmission inspection cover to clean the screen. Looky what I found stuck to the screen magnet, a Bendix key! Since my starter works fine, this must be an extra one that popped out and fell into the starter hole some time in the past during a Bendix change/replacement. Took all this time to get flung up high enough to get caught by the screen magnet (my car came to me without a magneto and with oil slingers on the flywheel).

Oh well, now I have a spare! :-)

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 11:12 am:

Always nice to have a spare! Glad you didn't have to find it the hard way.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration