NON SKID Tires 30 X 3

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: NON SKID Tires 30 X 3
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 05:44 pm:

Just in case anyone here needs some new front Firestone Non Skid tires check this Ebay listing.

I just received my new tires today from Ebay. The picture was a regular tread pattern but the description says Non Skid so I ordered them. The cost was about $100. LESS per tire than dealer price!

You might still see them by searching Firestone non skid and I paid $170 with free shipping.

Now to mount them but that's easy.

If anyone can use a couple of good but slightly worn tires send me a PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 06:29 pm:

I need four 30 x 3.5 and will check out the eBay seller who helped you. Used is fine with me but I doubt I'll find any.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 06:57 pm:

Don't forget that you have to finish with the letters RIGHT SIDE UP.... Don't ask how I know but it's good for changing tire practice.

I do mount the tire and tube both sides at the same time from the outside on the car. It helps when the stem is in to then lower the jack a bit to hold the rim with tire in place. I use some plastic pieces to protect the powder coated rim. The motor cycle tire irons work fabulously.

Now back to mounting again. hee hee

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 12:13 am:

This all one needs mount a clinker in 20 mins or less

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 12:15 am:

Clintcher auto correct sure gives me the shirts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 02:14 am:

So do you use the suspenders to hold up your pants?
I use a little tire lube and the irons, a stem puller is good not not really needed.

I don't see any plastic to protect the rim.

I did have a set years ago that were a Real bear and required stretching over a modern tire.

Your time is about right if you don't forget anything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 10:15 am:

I put a new Wards Riverside 30x3.5 on yesterday. I laid it out in 95 degree sun for 2 hours. It was so hot I could hardly hang on to it. It took about 15 minutes. I used soapy water, 2 tire irons,10 fingers and about 47 cuss words. Actually I don't think I cussed at all, well maybe a little.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration