Loose spokes

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Loose spokes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Addington on Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 09:59 pm:

The spokes on one of the front wheels on my TT are slightly loose where they go into the steel rim, otherwise they are in great shape. Is there a fix for this or is the only recourse to have the wheel respoked. If resopking is my only option who does this and any idea what the cost would be. Thanks Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 10:02 pm:

Do a Google search on "spoke jack mtfca" and check out those links.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 10:05 pm:

Try Qwik-Poly. Worked great on my '20 runabout & normally I would strongly suggest a total re-spoke but this really tightened them up great. Langs sells it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 10:13 pm:

The only proper fix is to replace the spokes. It does not cost much money at all. If you buy the spokes from the Stuzman's wheel shop and build a simple wheel press you could press the wheel together yourself.

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 10:44 pm:

Stephen is correct. Spokes from Stutzman are excellent and about half the price of what the parts dealers charge. See the Fun Projects web site for instructions on making the spoke press and the jig for drilling bolt holes. Here's a video on assembling the wheel. Do pay attention to the notes about what's wrong in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKZ7WrfHdf8

(Message edited by steve_jelf_parkerfield_ks on July 20, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 11:24 pm:

Looseness is death to to a spoked wheel
I have rebiult a few and if they are sound but have some looseness but sound I kwik poly with very good results I have also made spoke Jacks but found they will work out and require constant supervision

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration