Old photo - Kids, a dog and an improved runabout

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Old photo - Kids, a dog and an improved runabout
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 06:01 am:

Looks like 30x3,5" tires. It's rare to se a visor on an open car.

Ii

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 07:22 am:

looks like a little cowl light on it. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 07:37 am:

Taken before pit bull reputations got maligned. My dog is 1/2 PB and he is the best dog I've ever had.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 07:55 am:

Yeah Gary remember these guy's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 10:05 am:

Nice picture. My early '26 runabout came with 30 x 3 1/2 wheels. At first I thought the previous owner had swapped with an earlier year T as I thought all '26s came with balloon tires and wheels. But I realized that the rear hubs were of the improved type. When I saw that a man who was selling NOS parts (this was years ago) had the improved spare tire spider for that size wheel I was convinced that it was the way it came from the factory (part 2874). I have since switched over to wire wheels. In some ways I am sorry that I didn't keep it original, but the wire wheels sure look great.
The one in the photo has the headlight cross bar which would make it a later '26 than mine. The headlights attached directly to the fenders on mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 10:14 am:

I have seen a crossbar that was used with the fender mounted headlights. It clamped between the headlight base and the fender and it was adjustable as well.
The 30x3-1/2 clincher tires were popular in more remote/rural areas as the 21" tires took some time to become popular and available. Everyone knew how to work on the clinchers and had supplies. Plus the narrow tires plowed mud and snow better!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 10:27 am:

Looks like it has accessory hub caps/hub covers.

(Message edited by Erik_johnson on July 21, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 11:08 am:

Cool car and the kids are having a good time with the wheel barrel and the dog. What will they do with no cell phone!!! LOL Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 05:25 pm:

G.R. I remember those guys..was gonna say how the dog in the post looks like Petie from the little rascals. Gary you're dead on! We have a part Pit and she too is the sweetest dog on earth. So are full blooded Pits if they're raised properly

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Brown on Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 08:02 pm:

Are you sure the kids aren't just trying to find Pokemon?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen, Severn MD on Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 08:40 pm:

Like the writing on the side of the wheelbarrow.

"Tilton's Express #1"

Very cute.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration