Depot Hack pics?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Depot Hack pics?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 11:48 am:

The idea of rollup ads on each side interests me very much and was suggested by another member on a Van pic thread.

I'm searching and will post what I find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 11:50 am:

https://www.google.com/search?q=depot+hack+for+sale&rlz=1CDGOYI_enUS643US643&hl= en-US&prmd=isnv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjMxP-E9ITOAhUD1CYKHaE7AE4Q_ AUICCgB&biw=375&bih=591

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 11:58 am:

Hacks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 12:13 pm:

The intent of my Touring car is to use it for weddings and to promote our Limousine and Partybus services.

When I bought this 1924 Touring car it had no top, and that has presented an opportunity to build a taller one that permits easier entry and exits. This idea has mulled around in my head but seemed unfinished until a member mentioned rollup signage on Depot Hacks. Now we have a plan that can serve multiple purposes and I'm searching for a simple, removeable top design that will look era correct.

I'm thankful for this forum and the kind members here and am looking forward to meeting another Model T owner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 02:30 pm:

Why not just buy a depot hack body and mount it on your chassis. They aren't too terribly expensive. I think there is a builder in Maine that has them. A hack wasn't a factory item per se so you have some leeway in styling. Start messing with a funky top on your touring body and it just won't look right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 02:34 pm:

www.everettcurrierfarm.com They have various styles of hack bodies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 04:46 pm:

Hmm
Thank You

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Robinson, Salty Bottom, AL on Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 10:07 pm:

My son used my hack in a family wedding a few years ago. The bride was petite. The hack worked well and the load-up and the drive-off were a great success.

I can see a possible problem though. Wedding dresses and butts are getting bigger and a hack has a small opening (approx. 12") to squeeze through. Suggestion..."Size-up" your prospective customer before committing the hack. You may be called upon to push.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 11:31 pm:

Hahaha!

Thank You

Looks great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 12:22 am:

Chris - I'm no good at posting pictures, but there's a picture of my '27 depot hack on my profile,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 10:16 am:

Harold,
That's a beautiful car!

Thank You for being an inspiration to many before me. Now I'm a fan, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 10:18 am:

HaroldsHack

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Syverson on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 10:41 am:

Here are a couple of photos of my Depot Hack with some signage on it. I think It lends itself quite well for advertising.

DHdh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 11:00 am:

Ha! Absolutely an eye catcher!

People around here will love this style of advertising.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, July 24, 2016 - 05:07 am:

These are of my 1917 shooting brake. It sits on an extended frame to accommodate a K C Warford trans.

Here it is with a load of black powder shooters!

I designed the body with a few curves and tapered sides to make it look less like a box.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By D. R. Currier on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 06:22 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By D. R. Currier on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 06:31 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By D. R. Currier on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 06:36 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By D. R. Currier on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 06:43 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By D. R. Currier on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 07:13 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By D. R. Currier on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 07:27 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 11:03 am:

Richard makes some nice T bodies!

Chris

Here is an older post on the Marriage Carriage that forum member Mike Walker built, it is really neat!

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/80432.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 11:13 am:

Chris

Enlarged photo of the {Marriage Carriage}

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration