I realize that Kevin Pharis apparently makes a special puller for this, and I'm sure it is up to his usual quality standard.
However I needed to get this done, so I used what I already own.
here is my "bearing splitter" type puller all in place. Did the job.
The problem that you are faced with using this type of puller is avoiding damaging the end of the axle shaft and the threads. I took a old T axle nut that I wouldn't want to use again and drilled into it for about 1/4" with a 7/8" drill bit (which the push block of my puller fit well to). I then threaded it onto the axle shaft the appropriate amount and I was good to apply the needed force.
I built this car 16 years ago and have had a very slow leak into the right hub. I have lined small drum brake shoes and original AC small drum brakes. Last tour I broke a rear spring leaf, so I decided it was time to do some "fixing". The problem turned to not be the seal running on the axle shaft of the floating rear hubs. In reality it was a "scarred" big O ring on the outside. I bought a new seal anyway and the O ring. I realized the cause of the problem was the crappy de-burring job I had done when I had trimmed the axle tube.
Here I am doing what I should have done 16 years ago!! de-burring the end of the tube.
Now just waiting on the new spring leaf that I will hopefully get tomorrow, and put it back together!!