OT- Do any of you still enjoy playing with your whizzers?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT- Do any of you still enjoy playing with your whizzers?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 01:30 pm:

Any of you small engine guys remember or still have a whizzer lying around? This is an original 46 H on a Schwinn Phantom Ive been putting together for a few years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph A. Stearns on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 02:36 pm:

I had a Whizzer as a kid-- I paid $35 for it and it had a high compression head and ball bearing crankshaft/rod bearing.It was a beater bike but sure was fun and always ran fine. Sold it and the $ towards a 1942 Harley 45cc .

I now have a very nice 1948 Schwin/ Whizzer that is really nice and is fast.
Hope the pictures attach ok.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 02:39 pm:

I had a 1948 Whizzer 35 years ago. It was mounted on a Schwinn Model S-4 which was a bike the Schwinn made especially for Whizzers that was designed with extra belt clearance and other modifications. It had heavy duty spokes front and rear and a front hub internal brake (which unfortunately had been wrecked by the prior owner). It had a twist grip throttle and an accessory chrome tail pipe. It was pretty shop worn but it did have a title and registration. I paid $275 for it and kept it for only a year or two and sold it to a Whizzer collector.

My brother used to work for a Harley Davidson dealer and in 2012 he passed on a lead to me for three Whizzers and some fat tire bikes that an executor of an estate was trying to sell. The executor got some really bad and unrealistic advice from some ignorant folks who told her they were worth some ridiculously sky high prices. I offered her the price that she wanted for one Whizzer to take all three but she hell bent on getting the unrealistic prices.

She actually did find someone stupid enough to pay the unrealistic high price for the most complete and authentic Whizzer. The buyer in-turn tried to flip it on Craigslist for an even higher price! Don't know how he made out.

Whizzers and balloon tire bikes I looked at back in 2012:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 03:49 pm:

I used to play with my Whizzer a lot. But, I've noticed recently my eyesight has gotten pretty bad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 03:57 pm:

The last time I played with my Whizzer the Stork paid a visit about 9 months later .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 10:04 pm:

Erik-
On your last photo, is that an Australian Whizzer?

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 10:19 pm:

Yup - Australian.

Note the the accessory leaf blower and kerosene stove shown in the lower left…….

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 10:38 pm:

I had expected a few more cracks about prostate problems or ED. The blindness thing too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 11:01 pm:

Erik, there's only just so many of us sickos on here. I guess we simply stated what several others might have been thinking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, July 23, 2016 - 02:05 am:

Yup, stated what some were thinking. ;-)
Ehh Hem. An older fella named Frank knew me a bit and trusted. After he stopped bringing his Huber model B to the show for the parades, he brought his Whizzer and trusted me to keep it safe in the building I attend to. He even tied his little horse to a post in the building for the night.
Kept it safe.
Good days and memories.
Does this count?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, July 23, 2016 - 09:10 am:

A friend dug most of a Whizzer motor out of the ground years ago and he gave it to me and I traded it for the Fatman steering wheel i restored to go on my speedster if I ever live long enough to finish it.
My dad talks about the 1 he had alot and his buddy had a 2 cylinder motor on a bicycle but said the front wheel came off 1 day and it took them for a while ,painful fall.

I didn't know where this thread was going, first words I saw as the webpage opened was perfect job and playing with whizzers,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Saturday, July 23, 2016 - 07:20 pm:

I made my own woks good [did changed seat worried about prostate damage]

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Saturday, July 23, 2016 - 11:46 pm:

Lorenzo, I uh, well I think uh... What the... Where ahhh... Did you ah... I gotta go, I hear something outside.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration