1926 coupe upholstery c channel trim

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 1926 coupe upholstery c channel trim
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Austin Baker on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 01:32 pm:

Where can I get the 2 pieces of 27" U channel trim that goes over the doors and hides headliner edge?
MAX'S won't sell them to me or tell me where to get them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Benedict, Humboldt, TN on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 01:57 pm:

Austin, What year/model car are you talking about?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Austin Baker on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 02:00 pm:

1926 coupe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 07:15 pm:

Get a sheetmetal shop to make them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 10:05 pm:

Austin: You may already know all of this:
I measured the thickness of the rusty parts from my 26 coupe and the metal thickness is 0.022", I'm guessing they were made from 24 gage bare steel sheet. The depth of the "U" measures 0.700", and the edge of the "U" inside the car is folded open slightly about 1/4" from the open end to slip over the fabric that extends below the headliner against the interior of the door frame. Virtually none of that fabric shows, the black painted strip covers it. respectfully, jb

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration