NH Throttle Plate Removal?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: NH Throttle Plate Removal?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 02:05 pm:

Hey all, my NH's throttle and choke plates are putting up a fight, is there some trick to removing them or should I just keep at it until I win?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 02:41 pm:

There are two types - one has a staple, the other a little spring loaded tab. You have to either remove the staple or clamp down on the tab with duck bill pliers.

They usually come right out for me, maybe a little penetrating oil when the plate is the later steel one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 03:24 pm:

Thanks Royce, it's the type with the little fingers so I'll oil it some more and just stay at it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 07:43 pm:

The ones with the little tabs you have to push in rather than pull out.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration