Wood spokes

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Wood spokes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harold lee cartwright on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 02:05 pm:

I am getting ready to respoke my 21 depot hack and want to do a natural finish on the wood because of the wood on the hack will lot nice against the wood side finish of ash and pine now the question stutzmans wood will it require a lot of work to finish natural sanding and whatever and whats his price range on the last that anyone purchased delivery time also

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 03:51 pm:

You will not have to do any sanding to finish Stutzmans wheels. They are superbly finished when you get them.
Depending on size and needed parts they cost about $160 each.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 03:53 pm:

Stutzmans spokes are ready to finish. You may prefer to do some light sanding but I didn't have a need to. I paid $7.00 per spoke for 21" wheels and it took about a week to receive them. Excellent product in every respect.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 03:55 pm:

When I got my wheels back from Noah Stutzman, they were already nicely sanded and the bare wood was a thing of beauty.
I rubbed in some stain with a cloth and brushed on about nine coats of varnish, gently sanding between coats.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Balough on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 05:49 pm:

Here are my "S" wheels that Noah Stutzman did years ago. Fantastic workmanship !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 07:04 pm:

It might be a good idea to tell the make you intend to clear finish the wheels. That way they can select away from the odd pink spoke which turns up in some hickory.

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration