Crankshaft pulley

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Crankshaft pulley
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe raab on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 06:37 pm:

I have a crankshaft pulley that's a little bit loose and the hole in it is oblong so it will turn a little bit. I was going to put a new pulley on and I got a drift pin and started to hammer on it to drive the pin out but it won't budge. I'm afraid to hit it too hard and break or bend the crank. Has anyone else had this problem?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 07:25 pm:

Yes, recently. Are you sure you are hitting the end that had the cotter pin? I also had to go under the car and check alignment with the exit hole.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration