TT transmission

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: TT transmission
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe raab on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 08:44 pm:

Did any TTs come with the Worford transmission? I recently purchased a disassembled TT that has a Worford in the chassis. It also came with a transmission called a Chicago Mark E, Chicago Trans Co., Bryan, Ohio F-1. Does anybody know anything about this transmission?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 08:52 pm:

Both the Warford and the Chicago are auxiliary transmissions, installed after leaving the factory
to suit a user's needs. Having TWO installed is unusual. Depending on the guts and how they were
installed, one could have a doubled underdrive, overdrive, or both.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 08:55 pm:

Actually, he didn't say they were installed. He said they came with the disassembled TT that he bought. Maybe the previous owner was trying to make up his mind which auxiliary transmission to use,.......???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 08:59 pm:

Well,....I guess the Warford WAS installed as he said it was in the chassis but the disassembled TT also came with a Chicago. And you're right,....two auxiliary transmissions would seem like "overkill" and I would think account for a lot of power loss between engine and rear wheels, right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino - League City, Texas on Saturday, July 23, 2016 - 08:56 am:

I have seen a TT with a second auxiliary transmission located in the rear of the driveshaft. It was mounted backwards and locked into a particular gear with no way to shift it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Olson on Saturday, July 23, 2016 - 09:45 am:

See recent "Jay Leno's garage" for a nice video with a Chicago and a Ruckstel. Built by a young fellow from the Notrhwest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino - League City, Texas on Saturday, July 23, 2016 - 05:34 pm:

Go to this Forum article for the video:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/657395.html?1469217567

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration