Warlord wont fit transmission

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Warlord wont fit transmission
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rfbuff on Sunday, July 24, 2016 - 07:13 am:

Just bought new warford to install in tt truck, the shaft on the warford is a sixteenth to big to fit in transmission, why is that? Is the transmission in a tt truck the same as t ? What do I do to correct the problem? As always thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, July 24, 2016 - 07:19 am:

Just guessing here but is it possible that someone replaced the TT U-joint with a standard T U-joint?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, July 24, 2016 - 07:30 am:

As far as I know, the U-joint and the engine is the same on the TT and the T.
For a TT you would usually use a cast iron Warford, and they use an extra U-joint housing between the T trans output and the Warford trans. Thus the Warford input shaft has the larger size that fits a standard U-joint in the rear, like a driveshaft, and larger than the front end of the U-joint.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rfbuff on Sunday, July 24, 2016 - 07:37 am:

Thinking the same thing. Can I just change back to a tt u- joint? Where can I get one? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Sunday, July 24, 2016 - 08:49 am:

Since you said it is a new warford, call the folks that made it. They should know what is required.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rfbuff on Sunday, July 24, 2016 - 12:33 pm:

Thanks John, first thing Monday morning

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rfbuff on Sunday, July 24, 2016 - 02:23 pm:

Hey guys just asking, if the transmission is the same in a t or tt then why is the extra u- joint different? Looking for knowledge, thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, July 24, 2016 - 04:51 pm:

The T and TT's use the same U-joint.
Now, what style of Warford do you have?
A new repro KC made Warford or an old one of the cast iron or aluminum typ?

Here's an old cast iron Warford:

Hl

It uses a regular T U-joint both in front and rear.

Here's a KC made new Warford:

Gh

For info about fitting it, I'd say "call the manufacturer" as John wrote above :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, July 24, 2016 - 11:01 pm:

I have a new Warford in the 14 touring. There is no UJ between the engine and the Warford. There is a standard T UJ between the Warford and the rear axle.
I believe, but not certain, that the UJ on the TT axle and T are the same.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, July 25, 2016 - 01:12 am:

If you are installing a new made Warford it would not need the in between housing and U joint. ONLY the original cast iron used it. The original aluminum cased unit also bolted directly to the back of the transmission without the intermediate housing and u joint.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chris becker on Monday, July 25, 2016 - 01:43 am:

There is a difference between input shafts between the cast iron Warford and the aluminum cased Warfords that go into the square of the T transmission. The cast iron case input shaft square is smaller then the aluminum cased one.

I take and Anneal the shaft.TIG weld it the flats of the square input shaft. Then put it in our milling machine and machine it to same dimension as the aluminum cased input shaft. Then re heat treat and re install the cast iron input shaft back into the case.

Then I mount the cast iron cased Warford directly to the T transmission ( I don't use the Warford u joint). I also brace the rear of the Warford with my own cross member as. Done it on 3 T's with no problems and lots of miles.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration