Trailer question for FJ

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Trailer question for FJ
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Sunday, July 24, 2016 - 12:48 pm:

Jim. I'm wanting to get a weight distributing/sway control hitch for my rig. 1995 F350 crew cab 7.3 pulling a 30' enclosed tandem with 7,000 axles. I'm considering the Reese Strait-Line weight distribution System with Sway control. Do you have any experience with it? What do you use?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Sunday, July 24, 2016 - 12:58 pm:

Dave, I have the Reese anti sway/ stabilizer set up for my trailer. Works real good for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, July 24, 2016 - 01:14 pm:

Dave,

I run a Curt 15K rated trunnion bar set up that I buy from etrailer

@ http://www.etrailer.com/Weight-Distribution/Curt/C17422.html

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, July 24, 2016 - 01:16 pm:

Dave,

I am currently drive the same truck as you ....

5 speed ZF tranny

Just had my injectors & my injector control module replaced - $$$$$.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Sunday, July 24, 2016 - 02:07 pm:

Do you have to unlock the friction bar when you do tight maneuvers in reverse? Is this one new since you got the new trailer?

My tranny is the stock automatic. Been rebuilt once so far, but the oil cooler made all the difference. She used to puke tranny fluid out in hot weather. Great older truck!

Will. Were you on the New York tour? We just got back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Sunday, July 24, 2016 - 05:55 pm:

Dave, Not this year. Had to many things going here to be able to go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, July 24, 2016 - 06:03 pm:

Dave,

I never have had to use the friction bar.

With a longer trailer it is not necessary IMOP.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Sunday, July 24, 2016 - 06:49 pm:

I've used the basic no frills weight distribution hitch for the last ten years to pull my 26ft toyhauler, never an issue. I tow only with a 2500 series truck.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration