Not the 5,000,000th Model T-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Not the 5,000,000th Model T-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, July 24, 2016 - 08:37 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, July 24, 2016 - 10:49 pm:

I guess they just numbered cars anyway they liked as 5,000,000 is a coupe in the Bill Smith Museum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, July 25, 2016 - 05:39 am:

I just noticed on the side of the car that it says that this was a dealer since 1903.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, July 25, 2016 - 08:18 am:

W. L. Hughson was one of Ford's first dealers. His "Reminiscences" is included with the collection of interviews conducted in the early to mid 1950's, now at Benson Library (The Henry Ford).

The online Reminiscences described below:

"W. L. Hughson met Henry Ford in 1902 at the Chicago Automobile Show and in 1903 became the first Ford dealer with the West Coast and Hawaii as his territory. He describes Ford at the Panama-Pacific Exposition, Ford expansion in the West, and Ford dealer policy 1903-1952."

The entire interview:

http://cdm15889.contentdm.oclc.org/utils/getdownloaditem/collection/p15889coll2/id/6850/type/compoundobject/show/1/cpdtype/document-pdf/filename/6774.pdfpage/width/0/height/0/mapsto/pdf/filesize/0/title/HughsonReminiscences%201

One excerpt, page 16, relates Mr. Hughson's recollection of the $5 workday. Historically, I believe both James Couzens and Henry Ford are credited with pushing for the dramatic pay raise. In his interview, W. L. Hughson believes it was Henry Ford's idea:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration