Battery access hole on the 23 roadster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Battery access hole on the 23 roadster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen banks on Sunday, July 24, 2016 - 10:57 pm:

Was this cut out a hinged door from the factory or was there even a cover at all over the battery? My curiosity is getting the better of me.
Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Sunday, July 24, 2016 - 11:19 pm:

No hinge. The door was just a wooden lid that fit into the recess in the floor. It had a hole in it so you could stick your finger in it to remove the door. Hinges would have cost an extra penny which was a big no no.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen banks on Tuesday, July 26, 2016 - 05:22 pm:

Thanks Dave. What held it from dropping through? Was there a lip on the door or somewhere on the body?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Tuesday, July 26, 2016 - 10:11 pm:

There is a lip on the left and right side only of the hole in the floor. I can take a photo if you need it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen banks on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 03:35 pm:

No that's perfect Dave...thanks!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration