Help ID Light Brackets

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Help ID Light Brackets
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Monday, July 25, 2016 - 09:09 pm:

Brought home some brackets from the Model T farm stash and just need some assistance to see what they are supposed to be for. I have at least two of each, but do not have 4 of any one style. I'm restocreating a WWI military vehicle, so I do not have to be period correct as the military motor pol whould have grabbed whatever was on hand during rebuilds in later years.
The larger one in the cent is the odd ball and the center hole in the arm stumps me.
Front? Rear? Side?

I'll hang up and listen. Thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, July 25, 2016 - 09:37 pm:

Cowl lamp brackets for a TT and tail lamp bracket missing the license plate arm. All 1917 or later. For a non generator car (tail lamp bracket) obviously.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Monday, July 25, 2016 - 09:40 pm:

The one on the left is part of the 1915-16 roadster tail light and plate bracket, the one in the middle front is the 15-16 touring one. You can find plenty of that half but the arm for the license plate must have been very fragile as you don't see them around. The other bracket is a side light for a depot hack or similar flat fronted truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Monday, July 25, 2016 - 10:32 pm:

As my 15 WWI vehicle will be a light express body with the flat wood dash, I would use the upper right bracket for the cowl lights.

Would I mount the bracket side to side, or up and down for the bolt holes?

I can use the other brackets for lights on the rear.
Presume, again, that the swing of the arm goes up to the light and not pointed down?

At least they are all T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Friday, July 29, 2016 - 08:45 am:

As my 15 WWI vehicle will be a light express body with the flat wood dash, I would use the upper right bracket for the cowl lights.

Would I mount the bracket side to side, or up and down for the bolt holes?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, July 29, 2016 - 10:47 am:

Choice is yours, most photos show the side lamps away from the body somewhat. Your's will have a fairly narrow '15 metal cowl on your wood firewall, so those lamp brackets for truck and hacks may place the lamp too close to the hood for opening.

The longer brackets may work out better.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration