$50,000 Model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: $50,000 Model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Tuesday, July 26, 2016 - 12:36 pm:

Every time I purchase another hobby car I always make sure to join the online community for that vehicle. The expertise of others is invaluable.

The antique Mercedes 190 SL cars that I used to play with our now too valuable to drive on a regular basis. The Porsche Turbo has been traded for a simple Boxster S because I kept breaking it, and I got rid of my M3 mostly because I could not relate to very many of the other owners.

That said, it is my experience opinion that the comments posted in these online forums become the media that will increase or decrease the value of our vehicles. Our comments will become indexed by Google, which most of us appreciate but we're trying to find an old thread, and they will be archived on the Internet for many years to come.

I like it when my hobby cars increase in value, so I try to remind myself, before posting each comment, that this is not a club for exclusive membership but a welcoming community that we want to grow. Therefore I try to always avoid posting my opinion as fact. Instead, I realize that each thread might be the first or only thread that a newcomer might ever read. It is great that we all have different opinions and that gives us more chances to learn. Sometimes a new look at an old problem or idea can benefit everyone.

Here are a couple of good suggestions that I learned from another car forum:

1. Debate is good, but post questions and opinions unless citing a source of "facts."
2. A "fact" can be a truth, but it can also be a false statement. It can be a true statement that is later disproved or otherwise evolves.
3. Celebrate often. Every step of the project is cause for celebration, and your online community might understand your project better than your friends or family.
4. Avoid angry posts. Everyone else will, too.
5. Contribute positivity

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Tuesday, July 26, 2016 - 05:51 pm:

Totally!....... :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, July 26, 2016 - 07:04 pm:

As I say all the time, buy the Ford Service Book. You don't need the others! Should you need parts, try Langs. They are not only a top notch business, but are personal friends too.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration