Spark Plug

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Spark Plug
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hurst Barbee on Tuesday, July 26, 2016 - 08:44 pm:

I have just acquired a restored 1927 Roadster Pickup. It has a set of spark plugs installed that I cannot find any hits on on the web. Does anyone have any information on them? The inscription is 'LESOTA BR-2'

Thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 09:06 am:

Try these guys:

http://www.spcoa.net/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hurst Barbee on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 11:49 am:

Thanks for the lead. I just posted the same inquiry on their site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 02:44 pm:

I have a set on my T. I bought them on an auction still in the box. They were made in Albert Lea MN. That's how they get the name. I would have to go look at the T to see what # they are.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 04:23 pm:

Us spark plug whores want a photo please.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 09:26 am:

Did a search and came up with Lesoto tool co. It was founded in the 30's in MN. They also made fire extinguishers. Not much else is listed. The antique fire extinguisher was posted on an older listing on Ebay in 2011. Another site had a sparkplug collection and a Lesota spark plug listed but no pic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 09:35 am:

Erich, I do not know how to do photos. Some day I may learn how but not today. Hurst, the inscription on my plugs is "LESOTA MADE IN U.S.A." no # but on the box it has "M.T." and "AITCHISON MFG. CO. ALBERTA LEA, MINN." That is not how to spell Albert Lea unless there is some little unincorporated town with that name that I don't know about named Alberta Lea?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 10:03 am:

I should have googled this before my last post. They did spell Albert Lea wrong on the box. There is a story called "Building Boast an Interesting History". The building started out as a Ford Dealership built in 1917 named Jefferson Motor Co, then a filling station then the tool firm and now it is currently a financial services building.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 10:58 am:

Google found Albett Lea, Minnesota: https://www.google.ca/search?q=Albert+Lea&oq=Albert+Lea&aqs=chrome..69i57&source id=chrome&ie=UTF-8

FWIW, LEA is an old word meaning a small meadow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 11:50 am:

The Jefferson Motor Company became the Jefferson Airline (or same persons). The airline used Ford trimotor planes. They sold the planes to the new Northwest Airline and the became the Jefferson Bus Line, which is still in business. A few years ago, I believe there was a Jefferson Motel In Albert Lee that was owned by the bus company. I knew a Mr. Wakfield (Sp) who was an officer of the Jefferson Bus. Co. In his office he had a framed photo of a Ford Trimotor plane with the Jefferson logo on the side of the plane. It was him who told me that the planes were sold to Northwest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 12:24 pm:

Al Franken's family moved Albert Lea when he was four years old.

His father made a bad business decision and tried to establish a quilt factory there but gave up after two years and they subsequently moved to St. Louis Park, MN.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hurst Barbee on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 02:30 pm:

Dean,

I found the article on the web that you mentioned. Based on that as well as the information on your spark plug box would indicate that the plug could not have been made before 1947. It sounds strange that a start up company would make plugs for a Model T that was then 20 years out of production. Since I bought the Model T out of Detroit, it could have been originally from that area of MN. There are probably not many of those plugs in the world any more.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration