Model T wedding theme

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Model T wedding theme
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derrick Pang on Tuesday, July 26, 2016 - 09:08 pm:

Hey everyone, so I'm engaged to be married! Currently were looking for a venue that is every bit as historical as the model that I will bringing to it. Does anyone who lives in Southern California reccomend such a place. We're looking for rustic, historical, with trees and possibly an older building to fit the theme. Any place where I can park the Model T to fit in with theme of the wedding. Thank you in advance!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, July 26, 2016 - 09:11 pm:

It was built before the Model T, but existed all through the T area. It was originally wired by Thomas Edison. Where? Hotel Del Coronado in Coronado California across the bay from San Diego. It is also on the Pacific Ocean.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Tuesday, July 26, 2016 - 09:11 pm:

Congratulations!

Be sure to post pics!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, July 26, 2016 - 09:15 pm:

Here is a picture of the Hotel
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derrick Pang on Tuesday, July 26, 2016 - 09:18 pm:

I think we are trying to keep within the Los Angeles area. But that is definitely a great spot! Just need to consider a lot of friends and family driving distances.

And thank you Chris!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Tuesday, July 26, 2016 - 11:35 pm:

As I recall, there are old looking buildings in Solvang, anyone know if there are any venues there that would work for him?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Tuesday, July 26, 2016 - 11:55 pm:

Derrick-
Congratulations! If I remember correctly, your fiancÚ is a cute babe that actually works with you on your car. She's a keeper!

I can't give you any venue suggestions, but when I got married 21 years ago, I was president of the Rose City Model T Club in Portland. We were doing our tour planning for the year and I told them we couldn't do a tour on July 1 because it was going to be my wedding day. Jack Shea, bless his heart, said, "We'll have a tour and end at the church." So they did! There were Model Ts all up and down the street. We have some video of receiving line and in the back ground you can hear Model Ts driving by.

Here is my beautiful bride and me 21 years ago:

Keep us up to date with your plans.

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 02:29 am:

I don't know how big a wedding you are planning, or what your budget might be, but there's the Wilshire Ebell Facility which is period correct and they do event rentals. ebellla.org
You might bug them, as the theatre had (has?) a real Theatre Pipe organ which would do the wedding march EXCELLENTLY. (Think the wedding scene in Sound of Music).
:-)
David D.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derrick Pang on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 03:09 am:

Ohhh i like that the sound of that David! I'll definitely keep this one in mind.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derrick Pang on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 03:12 am:

I'll definitely post pictures of the day Keith. And thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derrick Pang on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 03:22 am:

I will look into that as well Dale. Thank you, and I love your 15 by the way!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 08:08 am:

Not sure what the neighborhood is like now, been over 15 years since I was through there, but a picture in your T in from of the house used in Big Business would be pretty neat: 10281 Dunleer Drive, Cheviot Hills, Los Angeles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 08:12 am:

For the reception, the Roosevelt Hotel would also be period correct. Also read somewhere that you could rent space at the Egyptian Theatre - which is spectacular since the restoration. Beautiful courtyard area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 08:14 am:

Congratulations on your engagement Derick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derrick Pang on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 09:47 pm:

I should just completely switch up to a Laurel and Hardy Themed wedding shouldn't I? They shot in many various places over La. Hrm thats something to think about. Thanks for suggestion Ron. As far as Roosevelt Hotel, the parking and traffic of getting into Hollywood would drive the guests crazy. But I like the way you think. Maybe an historical hotel would be a good alternative.

Thank you Gary =) Much appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 12:14 pm:

Delivering a bride in a wedding ceremony on the ocean beaches this weekend in my 1915 rust bucket. (Washington State)

That is the car she picked out of the "stable"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 02:30 pm:

Derrick - not sure the lady would appreciate a L&H theme for the entire wedding, but a post ceremony picture in front of that house would be pretty neat. Best wishes!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 02:53 pm:

Congratulations Derrick P! An understanding and supportive bride, along with a hobby that promotes a connection to heritage, past, and future? Hopefully you are on the right road for a long and wonderful life!
Wayne Sheldon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derrick Pang on Monday, August 01, 2016 - 04:06 am:

Thank you for that blessing Wayne!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, August 01, 2016 - 06:35 am:

Maybe Newhall Mansion would be nice
http://www.newhallmansion.com/mobile/wedding-video.php

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration