Anyone win the Stynoski in Auburn?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Anyone win the Stynoski in Auburn?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By roy palmer on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 09:39 am:

Anyone win the Stynoski in Auburn?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 09:46 am:

Three cars were entered. The winner was Bob Richmon, with his '12 touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 09:58 am:

Some nice tour pictures here: http://www.modelt.org/mtfcivb/showthread.php/1770-2016-MTFCI-Finger-Lakes-Farm-L ands-and-T-s-pictures

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 12:26 pm:

Here is Bob's '12 that won the top award!

Really nice and correct.

So too all the parts and tools, including this original Kingston Coil box key!

Original key on left, modern reproduction on right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 12:28 pm:

Forgot to add.....Bob changed out those brilliant white tires and DROVE this car on the tour!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 12:51 pm:

Beautiful. Thanks for posting the picture Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 01:59 pm:

Nice work Bob! The car looks grand. Can't wait to see more photos. Little details like an original key may not garner points but it shows the level of detail and effort to make the car authentic.

Maybe John will take his '12 Frank next year!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 04:04 pm:

Fellows, I'm still on Cloud 9 after winning the Stynoski! This was the toughest restoration I'd ever done, trying to get every detail correct. Everyone offered different opinions of what parts were correct for the week or month the car was built. One thing I learned, certain details can't be proven by drawings or date of change for sure. You have to look at many unrestored cars & do your best. This restoration was not done alone, I have many people to thank which would include family, friends, you guys on the forum, my local MODEL T Club members, the Judges, & even my wife that hardly saw me for a year! I'd also like to complement the other two entries which had beautiful cars as well. I'm sorry we couldn't all win as I know they must have poured their heart & souls into their cars as well!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 04:10 pm:

Was too busy looking than taking photos of that '12 :-(

So here are a couple other pics taken.

One little detail I learned about routing the hose for the gas generator, the hose hole is actually punched in the sheet metal. An ordinary drilled hole would cut the red rubber hose quickly, the factory used a punch to up-end the circular hole to present a grommet-like surface to the hose. :-)

Note the correct upset punched hole protects the rubber tube.

Ordinary drilled hole.

Beautiful underside of Bob's winning '12.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 04:34 pm:

Congratulations! That is one beautiful car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 05:28 pm:

Very nice!!!!!!!!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 07:12 pm:

Congrats. I know what it takes to win this as I have been involved in 4 of them. Won it in 1995 and 2007 with cars they my father and I restored and still own. Then again with two I restored for other people. Can't wait to see it in the Times. Congrats again Mark and Phil Eyre

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 07:21 pm:

Bob,

Beautiful car! Congratulations on a fantastic restoration!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 11:54 pm:

Just IN CASE anybody noticed the correct Holley H-1 carburetor................. =)

It's the little details. Correct hex head adjustment screw and locking screw on the throttle arm, correct knob with the correct knob on the adjustment shaft.

Bob, that is truly a gorgeous car! You have every right to be proud!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 11:56 pm:

Oops!!! Details: 1. Proofread before posting. Correct KNURL on the correct style knob.. etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 09:47 am:

Thanks Dan for noticing that special punched hole in the apron for the hose. I had to make a special die that would pull the metal and not cut it, that took a lot of trials and errors. Stan thanks for noticing your carb, the car starts on the 1st or second crank (most times) and your help making it period correct paid off! It's the details that eat up the hours, but make it fun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 10:48 am:

Thanks, Bob. I don't know how many hours we have in the correct drain cock but it's a bunch. I'm proud to be part of the Stynoski award and appreciate your faith in my work. It is also fair to point out I cashed every one of your checks for doing it. =)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration