2017 Model T Tour Information

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: 2017 Model T Tour Information
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Barr on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 12:37 pm:

Presentation given to MTFCA and MTFCI 2016 tour participants giving them information about the 2017 Model T Tour in Whitefish, MT, is available on the "2017 Motoring in Montana Model T Tour" Facebook page. It is too large to upload here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Barr on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 12:38 pm:

The Whitefish Mountain Resort Lodging information page is also available on the "2017 Motoring in Montana Model T Tour" Facebook page. It is too large to upload here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 12:39 pm:

https://www.facebook.com/2017-Motoring-in-Montana-Model-T-Tour-1570923749901442/ ?fref=ts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Barr on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 12:43 pm:

Here is the list of lodging available for the 2017 Model T Tour. First Page of Lodging Information

Here is the second page of the list.
Second page of lodging list.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Barr on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 12:44 pm:

If you have any questions about the 2017 Model T Tour, please post here or send me an email.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 03:13 pm:

Just to let everyone know this will be a joint tour with MTFCA and MTFCI members! Will be fun in a beautiful area of the country!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 03:35 pm:

When is the 500? May want to try both. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 03:37 pm:

500 is always the 3rd week of June, a full month ahead of this tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 05:05 pm:

Too bad they can not work the 500 and this tour closer together. I bet a lot of people would like to do both.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 12:53 am:

I looked at the Facebook page and it looks like a great tour with awesome views and scenery. Then I read the registration page which was disappointing. It would cost me over $500 for registration and food. Now add that to travelling costs for a 3000 mile round trip from California.

While I do understand that there is costs associated with these tours $500 in registration fees is too steep for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Barr on Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 11:27 am:

Registration is not $500. Car and driver will be less than $200 and passengers around $100. You do not need to sign up for the Summit Dinner nor the banquet. This is about the same cost at this years MTFCI tour in Auburn, NY.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Barr on Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 11:30 am:

For those of you looking for shared condo lodging, go to our Facebook 2017TourLodging page and express your interest in sharing a condo with another participant. This will allow you to get deluxe accommodations for $89-$115 a night per couple.

http://facebook.com/2017TourLodging

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 11:40 am:

...and there are always campgrounds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Barr on Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 11:40 am:

It would be great to have the 500 and this tour closer together, but those who run the 500 and participate are also helping with this tour and they need a break between events. I am going to try and arrange some track time at our local racetrack for those who are interested.

http://www.mtracewaypark.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Barr on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 10:48 am:

There are two camp grounds available near Whitefish, MT. But they aren't as rustic as the one posted above.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Barr on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 11:11 am:

Please note that we are changing the schedule of the tour slightly to have the fashion show Sunday afternoon from 4-5PM. It will be in downtown Whitefish adjacent to the car show/judging event that afternoon. The car show awards and youth auction will still be held Thursday evening in the hospitality suite (Ed & Mully's) at the resort. The Sunday opening BBQ will also be at the resort.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Barr on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 11:15 am:

Mistake above. Fashion Show will be from 3-4PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Barr on Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 11:15 am:

Our Youth Activities Director, Jennifer Lilliker, has created a survey about past and future youth activities. Please take the survey if you have taken youth on past tours or plan on taking them on the 2017 tour.

Thanks, John

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LHP8388
MTFCI Youth Activities Survey
www.surveymonkey.com
Web survey powered by SurveyMonkey.com. Create your own online survey now with SurveyMonkey's expert certified FREE templates.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 01:51 pm:

Definitely tourist prices on the motel rooms! "Cheap Sleep" at $100 a night!!!!
And I'm posting this as someone who grew up in the resort business.
It sounds like a lovely tour, but outta my budget! I'll stick to short drives around here; the bed's pretty comfortable, and tools are handy, just in case! The food, well, it varies, but I ain't complainin'! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 02:45 pm:

Looks like a fun tour but seven days one way is too much for this old man.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 09:16 am:

Rick, I agree. I'd like to go, but it'd take me at least 3, more likely 4 nights, to get there. I can't handle more than 500 miles a day anymore with my bad back. And staying awake at the wheel! I realize too that tours need to be set in different parts of the country so those who can't get way east such as the last one at the Finger Lakes can partake in their neck of the woods and vice-versa. There'll be a huge Western turnout I'm sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 09:54 am:

Mister Thrifty cringes at the thought of blowing a hundred bucks a night. I've been known to take a motel room, but very rarely. I grew up camping, and that's my preferred accommodation. Fortunately, many tours are held where there are campgrounds nearby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Barr on Friday, September 09, 2016 - 05:52 pm:

Note that there are condos that can be shared that have multiple bedrooms and bathrooms. Price of those luxury digs are around $90/night per bedroom/bathroom when you are sharing with two others. Full kitchens, decks with views, and a living room to share. One of our Facebook sites (2017TourLodging) has been set up to allow people to find others who want to share a condo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Barr on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 11:22 am:

Here is the latest daily schedule for the 2017 tour including links to some of the attractions we are going to see on the tour.

application/pdf
DailyHighlights.pdf (40.1 k)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Barr on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 12:01 pm:

Here is the one page of information that has appeared in the magazines.

application/pdf
OnePageArticle-PDF.pdf (193.2 k)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Barr on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 12:04 pm:

Here is the 2017 tour registration form. Note that it cannot be submitted until January 2, 2017. This gives everyone an equal shot at some of the limited seating items we have on this tour.

application/pdf
Tour Registration Form-17Oct16.pdf (91.1 k)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 02:55 pm:

John
I just read the daily schedule. All looks interesting BUT what happened to the second last item from the magazine ad?
I know some of us were really looking forward to that (track time)!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 04:46 pm:

John, I just printed the Tour Registration Form and what printed out has all kinds of jibberish on it.

Has anyone else tried printing the form and got this too?

Thanks, Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Barr on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 06:01 pm:

Track time is still up in the air, but we are trying to arrange something for Saturday evening before the tour starts. They have regular races that evening and they may allow us to use the track between practice and qualification (1 hour slot). If that does not work we can check on renting the track. They only allow one car at a time if you rent it because no EMT on site.

Not a cost item that needs to be part of registration. I'll keep everyone informed here.

John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Barr on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 06:03 pm:

I just selected the registration form link which opened up the document in my browser. I then said print and it works fine. I use a Mac.

John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 06:22 pm:

We downloaded it as a PDF and then it printed ok.

Keith

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration