Runabout Top 1921

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Runabout Top 1921
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derrick Pang on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 02:34 am:

Hey all, Looking into buying a top for my black 1921 runabout soon. I've always been curious about getting a tan top rather then the black one. My question is if black was the only color you could get at that time, or were different colors available? Any info would help. At the end of the day, I want to stay true what this car would of had.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 03:41 am:

By 1921, especially in California, the aftermarket industry was quite extensive and you could dress up your Ford pretty much as you pleased right after the dealer - and some did, not sure how common tan tops were, though. In Australia the Ford tops were tan from new, maybe also in Canada during the brass era(?), but never from Ford in USA until the Sport Touring and Sport Runabout option package came in 1926 as far as I know.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration