Aftermath of the 2016 MTFCI Auburn Tour

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Aftermath of the 2016 MTFCI Auburn Tour
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 07:53 am:

Ellen and I have spent this week settling up with the hotel and the other stops on our tour driving our 14. Without exception everyone expressed how they loved the cars and how nice the participants were. A few of the places we stopped at today said how this tour had brought community's together.

You all left a very good impression of our T hobby.

The host hotel-Holiday Inn was especially impressed. Throughout the week they only had one trivial complaint. You should have seen their parking lot empty of cars, you could certainly tell T's had been there for a week. I was surprised they never mentioned it to us, but did say they want us to come back. We had to laugh when we saw the parking lot.

Thank you to everyone that volunteered their time and to all participants that attended.
Special thanks to Steve Bumgarner and Greg Stewart for their continued help during the planning and set-up of this tour.

Sincerely,
Dan and Ellen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 08:14 am:

Dan

You and Ellen should be proud too, wonderful event. The roads for touring were beautiful, and we were in great surprise that there were so few 'moderns' traveling on those roads! Seemed we had tour roads to ourselves all week long! Thank you, thank you for the great route planning and sign planting at almost all the turns.

As for others, nice to have Lang's there with Steve Lang open most all nights too.

As for the host hotel, glad they didn't object to the territory marking our T's made :-)

Thanks again for great enjoyment on this tour.

For me the best day was the stop at the dirt circle track! Ran Dixie around quite a few times, gaining each lap, best one was 45 sec.!

Just left her in Ruckstell and opened up the throttle, the dirt was hard packed, but really loose in the upper and lower sides of the banked track!

Dan and Julia Treace

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 09:36 am:

Dan & Ellen, I too want to extend my thanks for a job well done. One can only imagine the amount of work that goes into planning a week long tour. The roads were great, Clarabelle even survived the dirt track and stone/dirt roads with but nary one stone chip off the underside of the right splash apron! I was impressed (if not relieved!). She did somehow manage to get a "dirt blob" on her left headlight lens...probably from Tom Sloma's car ahead of me on the dirt track! Ha ha... As they say, "A great time was had by all".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 09:39 am:

Dan & Ellen, again to complement you and the others that worked so hard, it was a GREAT Tour! I figured after the first rain in the area you might be getting a call for an EPA clean up with all the oil on the roads and parking lots. We made a wrong turn once and found our way back on track by following the oil in the road, see not all bad. Thanks again!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lyon, PDX, OR. on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 12:11 pm:

I carry a couple of puppy training diapers in my trunk so I don't spoil a nice parking lot, Don.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 12:29 pm:

A big THANK YOU to Dan and Ellen for a wonderful tour! The host hotel, the roads travelled, the attractions we visited and the people we met were all wonderful. Your superior organization and planning skills were very evident.

Thank you again.

Keith and Carol Gumbinger

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie Gagel, Orange,Ct on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 01:07 pm:

Dan and Ellen, and all the rest of your volunteers. My wife Linda and I had a great time on your tour. The routes were well planned, as were all the stops. The car show at the lake was a perfect setting. Your attention to the youth was well received by everyone who I spoke with. The next time you plan on having a tour, I will be the first to sign up. Thanks again for a perfect week. See you down the road, Charlie and Linda Gagel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roy Stone WV on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 08:07 pm:

Dan and Ellen, You have raised the bar for any future tours,
we can't express in words how we so enjoyed this tour, from the check in and check out it was great.

PS. Where is your next tour going to be?

Thanks. Roy & Patricia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Friday, July 29, 2016 - 10:41 pm:

Thanks, I'm glad you all enjoyed the tour.

Dan, you are correct about Steve Lang being there. I doubt it was cost effective, especially when we only had five cars towed in. It was sure nice of them to bring the parts trailer.

At some point Ellen said she would do it again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Friday, July 29, 2016 - 11:08 pm:

Great job organizing a fantastic tour!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 01:24 am:

Congratulations Dan on organising a great tour. I am in the final weeks of helping to organise this years Australian National Tour. It will be great to host some International USA guests on this years Tour. Some of the facebook and forum coverage was great but I would love to see a heap more pictures of the cars especially some of the more rare and unique T's that show up on these tours. Well done to you and your Team. I hope to attend another MTFCI tour someday soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 07:25 am:

Warwick, I usually take a lot more pics, but we got to busy so what we posted was about all we had. Having to resize the photos keeps a lot of people from posting them.Good luck on your up coming tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 07:53 am:

Dan and Ellen,
This tour was one of the best tours that Mary and I have been on. It was really organized. The routes of the tours were very nice. the country side was beautiful. You handled 300 cars and 600 people very well. JOB WELL DONE!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 10:25 am:

Ditto on the above, but the highlight of the tour for me was being able to see Dan's fantastic early '13 touring after talking about it for so many years, Another well done goes to RV Anderson for loaning me a car to drive for the tour. Thanks everyone. I really enjoyed the experience. The roads, and the countryside are so different than what I'm accustomed to here in California. Lastly I got to meet so many people I have gotten to know on this forum over the years. I now can put a face to a name!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration