Exhaust pipe wrap

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Exhaust pipe wrap
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth LeBlanc on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 12:14 pm:

anyone have any results good or bad using header wrap on the exhaust pipe to cut down heat in an enclosed car ? thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 12:32 pm:

I have mine wrapped all the way back to the muffler with two layers. Sure does help keep my feet and the car a little cooler. I had a dirt track driver once told me that it also helps increase the HP just a bit but I didn't see it on the T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Wilson - Omaha NE on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 03:59 pm:

Mine is wrapped, I think it makes a difference
If you do wrap an exhaust, the two different wraps I have used both smoked like crazy for a couple of minutes after they get hot the first time. Start it outside the first time you start the car with new wrap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 04:46 pm:

I recommend that if you plan to wrap the pipe you should get a stainless pipe. The steel pipe will rot more quickly when wrapped with the asbestos or Nomex stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 05:13 pm:

I have dual exhaust and both pipes are wrapped. It makes a noticeable difference in the temperature of the floorboards. Especially with mine being a speedster and sitting much closer to the pipes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 08:07 pm:

Ever seen a wrapped original Ford exhaust pipe? My '13 was driven from new to 1940, and no one bothered to do that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Friday, July 29, 2016 - 12:48 am:

I wrap the exhaust pipe on my MT 500 car. Tryin' to keep all them horsepowers contained and restrained. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Williams, Humboldt TN on Friday, July 29, 2016 - 08:29 am:

I wrap mine too. Keeps the wife's feet from getting so hot. Got it from amazon. Search exhaust wrap there and it is the first one that pops up. Says "best seller". Really good stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Friday, July 29, 2016 - 10:15 am:

Sounds like a good idea to me. Keep us posted with results.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Barchock Canton, Mi on Friday, July 29, 2016 - 10:19 am:

Have the stuff on a motorcycle I own and it really keeps the heat in.

You are going to want to make sure the pipes are coated well, or the wrap can hold moisture that will rust the pipes.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration