Frame gets hot

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Frame gets hot
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brooks Schlieben on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 07:47 pm:

I just installed a new muffler and pipe. I never noticed before how hot the frame gets. Is this normal? Also, new to the club. This is a great message board!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gustaf in Idaho on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 09:46 pm:

Are you advancing your timing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brooks Schlieben on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 10:09 pm:

I suspect I have some coil/timing issues, which I think is attributing to the engine in general running hot. Hope to get some T guys over soon to look things over. Good place to start.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 10:53 pm:

Brooks, If you have been playing with the knob on the dash that goes to the carburetor, you may be running too lean. That is a real good way to run hot. If you turn it a bit to the rich side (counterclockwise), you should see your temperature drop quickly. A useful accessory is the Motometer to let you know when you are cold, when too hot and when just right,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 11:01 pm:

The fuel mixture could be causing that as posted above.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration