Top iron question '26 roadster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Top iron question '26 roadster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Friday, July 29, 2016 - 08:54 am:

Hi,
I have to rivet two of the top irons together as shown in the photograph.I need a detail that is better than what is shown. Can someone show me how they are attached there? I know they are riveted but I would like more information.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, July 29, 2016 - 09:03 am:

Here's a closeup of that area on my 1924, which should be the same in that area:

pic1

pic2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Friday, July 29, 2016 - 01:54 pm:

Thanks Mark,
That is exactly what I wanted to know

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Friday, July 29, 2016 - 02:08 pm:

Mark,
So the flattened area of the rivet is on the inside of the car and round head is on the outside.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, July 29, 2016 - 04:49 pm:

Nope, the other way around, flat on the outside, round on the inside. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration