Tire pressure TT rear

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Tire pressure TT rear
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Friday, July 29, 2016 - 08:17 pm:

Hi, a buddy have a TT truck with 4,5 x 21" at the front and 6,5 x 20" at the rear.
I asume the front tire pressure is 35 psi as on the person cars, but what are the pressure for the rear tires?
(Have searched the forums with no luck).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, July 29, 2016 - 08:36 pm:

I have Prowler 6.50-20 tires on the rear of my TT. They're Load Range D 8 Ply Rating. It says on the tires, "Max Load Single 2470 Lbs at 75 PSI Cold". I run them at 50 PSI.

I can't really give a good reason why I use 50 PSI, but 75 PSI just seems way too hard for my use. Even at the reduced pressure the rear end is as stiff as a board. If anything, I'd like to soften it up a little more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Friday, July 29, 2016 - 08:55 pm:

When I put new Lucas 6.00x20 tires on the back of my TT I called Lucas to see how much pressure to run in them. They recommended 45 psi. I run them at 38 - 40 psi because it does ride hard, as is the nature of a TT. I don't haul much weight on it anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael R Beary on Friday, July 29, 2016 - 10:24 pm:

Great question! I like a soft ride and even at 45lbs you can get tossed around. Some guys still use their truck the way it was intended. Maybe someone will give us a max. above the 75lbs but I would worry about the lock rings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, July 29, 2016 - 10:57 pm:

I run mine at 75 +/-

I can't imagine anything would soften the ride on a TT except a heavy load.
The smoothest this thing ever runs/rides is when I have 1000lbs. or more on
it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration