Fuel level sensors and gauges 1941 Lincoln Continental

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Fuel level sensors and gauges 1941 Lincoln Continental
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Wisnosky on Friday, July 29, 2016 - 08:48 pm:

This is off topic for Model T. But, u guys really are at the top of the hobby. I am a new owner of a 1941 Lincoln Continental. Fuel gauge reads 0. I can't find a sensor or a gauge or many other parts for this vehicle. Not many of these body styles were made. But, there were many V12s made and isn't a Ford a Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, July 29, 2016 - 10:32 pm:

Yes No Maybe! :-) You might also try asking on Fordbarn in the early V8 section.
There is the Lincoln-Zephyr club that cover your year;
http://www.lzoc.org/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 10:37 am:

I would suspect that the sending unit is the same as a Ford, except that the float rod may be a different length.
Have you done any trouble shooting on the gauge? The sending unit? The wiring?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 11:00 am:

Never take for granted any Lincoln part is the same as a Ford. Lincolns of all years are some of the most challenging Ford products to restore.

The most active place on the web for V-12's is this subsection on the AACA forum:

http://forums.aaca.org/forum/95-v12-lincolns/

Good luck!

(Message edited by WMH on July 30, 2016)

(Message edited by WMH on July 30, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 02:58 pm:

Be careful. I own a '41 Ford and I've been advised that the aftermarket rheostat type senders will not work with the original Ford gauges. They fit great but won't work right.

Apparently Model T parts are easier to come by.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 03:32 pm:

A while back the TV old car show "Chasing Classic Cars" that's features Wayne Carina(may not be correct spelling for his last name), had a segment with a 40's Lincoln Continental on it.
The owner had a stash of parts he had with the car. I cant remember if he bought what he had or not.
You might contact him about locating parts for your car.
The guy has a lot of contacts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 08:06 pm:

I looked into this more. The sender should be the same one as used on Fords thru 1953. It is a king seeley bimetallic design with a heating element and contact points. If you have your original one, it can be rebuilt in some instances.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration