License Plate Restoration

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: License Plate Restoration
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard lee on Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 06:09 pm:

Can anyone give me the name and number of someone that restores license plates for our cars? I sure would would appreciate it it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 06:23 pm:

I got mine from this guy:

http://www.oldlicensefarm.com

I purchased the rough plates from him and paid a fee to have them restored.

He really knew his stuff regarding the special truck plates and details of issuing,
so I could get the right plates for my TT's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnCodman on Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 07:42 pm:

Massachusetts does not allow license plate restoration for plates that will be used as Year of Manufacture plates. I have no idea why, and nobody in the state legislature or in the registry of motor vehicles has been able to give me any reason why. I'm moving to Florida, and as luck would have it, neither do they. WTF?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard lee on Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 08:20 pm:

Thanks for the help!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 08:31 pm:

Duane Wells, Lansing, MI 517-371-3227 Long time restorer. Did one for me years back. Looks like new.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 11:56 pm:

http://www.finishyourplates.com/

My question about states with the idiotic prohibition on YOM plate restoration: How do they know whether it's restored or well preserved?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 08:42 am:

Second the recommendation of Duane Wells. Does a SUPER job at fair price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 02:19 pm:

Years and years ago there was a fellow living in a Denver suburb that restored plates for me. He did great work and was reasonably priced. Then he moved to a suburb of Atlanta and I lost track of him. Does anyone know who this might be ?? I have more work for him if so....thanks

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration