Homecoming and quadricycle

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Homecoming and quadricycle
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By HARRY A DAW Troy, Mo. on Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 09:18 pm:

I was very disappointed in not being able to give rides in my quad at Richmand. In time leading up to Homecoming, excessive play in the crankshaft resulted in a bent Rod, broke one of the oilers, got it out of time, and had ignition problems. Got play out of crank, straightened Rod, epoxied oiler, found timing marks that my dad put on and got it back in time, thought I had the ignition fixed. Ignition still had problems and had very low power. Put the ignition back together today, excellent hot spark, engine running well enough now. Hope to find a replacement drip oiler at Old Threasures, Mt Pleasant, Iowa over Labor Day. Should be ready to go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 11:54 am:

Glad you got it working again, Harry! There's always next year!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By HARRY A DAW Troy, Mo. on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 11:59 pm:

Yes Susan. Thanks for the picture in Vintage Ford. I had two contacts from this post concerning the broken drop oiler. Have taken pictures and emailed them. Mt Pleasant usually has things like that as well. My son called tonight and wants to go to Mt Pleasant with me. He came one day last year and then Richmond this year. He really enjoyed both. Thanks again for the hospitality.
Harry

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration