**1909 -1911 Clutch Drive Plate Assembly**

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: **1909 -1911 Clutch Drive Plate Assembly**
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Saturday, July 30, 2016 - 10:53 pm:

Ok, Here is what I think the 1909-1911 Clutch Drive Plate looks like, the pictures I've got aren't real clear, but from what I can tell this should be about right...but of course I'll leave that for you to determine.

If any of you have one of those clutch pin thrust washers 3343 that you have a picture of, please show it to me, this is one of those items that just wasn't too clear...it kinda looks to me like the top of a "roach motel" trap.

The plate as far as I can tell is pretty much the same but without the mounting bolt bosses...it's just a plain flat plate with slightly counter bored recesses in it for the bolt heads (I think).

If some of you early car guys can show me some really good pictures of this assembly I'd appreciate it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 10:53 am:

3324B was not used until at least 1916.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 10:58 am:

Also, I believe the early ones had a woodruff key that prevented the 3334 throwout collar from rotating on the output shaft and that there was a corresponding (1/4"?) keyway in the 3334.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 10:36 pm:

Ok, Royce, I'll change that...

Dan, ahhh, 3334? do you mean 3344?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Monday, August 01, 2016 - 03:30 am:

Ok, going back and looking really closely to the parts catalog pictures of the 09's thru 11's it does indeed look like there is woodruff key slot on the side of the main shaft. But there was no picture of the key at all, but looking through the part list the number 3324 came up as a woodruff key for the drive plate slider. Also as Royce suggested I took out the oil plug 3324B.

If you guys see anything else please let me know, thanks. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Monday, August 01, 2016 - 04:46 pm:

I have three. Do you want a ohoto?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 01:01 am:

Glen...Yes!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration