Inheireted 3 T's

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Inheireted 3 T's
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe macintosh on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 09:53 am:

My father passed in late Febuary and was a Model T guy . He was a wonderful man liked by all !!!
He left me 3 model T's. These T's have been in my family for 50 years now . The touring is the first , the roadster was done in the early 80's and the RPU he started the restoration at 80 years old in 2010. He drove the car part of 2014 although not complete and the summer of 2015 as shown .
the touring car was an original car till the 70's at which time he replaced the driveline with 40 ford front and rear and a v8 60 hp .
The roadster is an original car with ruckstell rear end ,rocky mountain brakes . The t motor has a model A crank ,downdraft carb and a distributor.
The RPU was built with forty ford driveline and also sports a v8 60 HP motor .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 09:58 am:

Joe, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. It's great that his memory can live on with you through his model T's that he left you. Wish my dad were around to enjoy mine, but unfortunately I got into the hobby after he passed away. I still remember his story about how he rolled his Model A over in downtown Marion Ohio with a carload of buddies. Just rolled it back and kept on buzzing! Probably laughed his ass off the whole time if I know my dad. I know I would've! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe macintosh on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 10:15 am:

Ton's of wonderful memories , Learnsd to drive in the touring car when it was all original !! 13 14 years old , Taking him to the hospital after the crank spun back and broke his arm.Helping him put this RPU back together , only so much he could in his 80's although he did do most of it .And by the way ,other than machining he did all aspects of the restoation ,including paint on all the cars !!!
Trying to load some pictures

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 10:46 am:

Joe, there is a file size limit of 250K per picture on this forum. You can use your picture editing software of choice, or this works as well:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/541631.html?1431838921

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe macintosh on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 10:47 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe macintosh on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 11:00 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe macintosh on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 11:11 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe macintosh on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 11:13 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 11:21 am:

Condolences as well on the loss of your dad. The majority of posters here won't have an appreciation for the two modified T's so just ignore them as I'm sure they will comment. It's great that you have and appreciate them. The beetle vert is cool too :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe macintosh on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 11:50 am:

I am a gearhead and because of my Dad have learned to love the original and modified car also.
I love driving the original T and it will alway's remain an original T, as a matter of fact I am going to put the original motor and coils back in the roadster.
The fit of the v8 60's is so good that nothing has been cut on either T ,and most people don't know the difference with the hood closed. Most of the T guy's that see the RPU are quite impressed with the fit and the car .
Keeps up to modern day traffic well and stops well ,jump in and drive anytime ,anywhere and can be put back to original on a Saturday !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer,Woodstock,Ontario,Canada on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 12:19 pm:

Joe,Sorry to hear of your father's passing.Was your fathers name Myron.If so I met him in the early 70's when the maroon touring still had its 4 cylinder.He was a great old car guy.In 1990 at the MTFCI tour Myron drove the 1927 touring with the V8.After supper a lot of the men met in the parking lot to visit.Myron showed me how he had installed the V8.I asked him how he liked the way it worked for him.His reply was do you want to find out & handed me the keys.We went for a short drive & it performed flawlessly.One of the reasons he had installed the V8,was he really liked to tour with the car & he wanted a T that would do hi way speeds & usually he had a great distance after the tour to get home & usually after dark.Like Joe said it could be put back to original in a Saturday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe macintosh on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 12:42 pm:

Yes Scott
Myron is my father .
He truly was a wonderful man and father.
He drove the wheels off that old touring car ,as did I !!!
Countless weddings done with the car ,and never a dime charged to anyone .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 07:29 pm:

Joe -- More than a few V8-60's have been put into Model T's and A's over the years, and there are a few of us here who appreciate cars such as yours. You now have two with a V-8, and one with Model T engine. I think you'll find that they all are lots of fun to drive. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration