OT- Need some advice on repairing a small non model T related item.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: OT- Need some advice on repairing a small non model T related item.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 04:13 pm:

I bought a .22cal Heritage revolver 6 shooter western style handgun. It's amazingly accurate for a cheap gun. The problem is that after 20 or so rounds the spent rounds stick in the chamber and I have to force them out. I think maybe the heat is expanding the metal just enough to make the spent round to stick. Would it possible to maybe ream it out maybe .1000 of an inch or so to counteract the expansion? If so how much would be recommended to remove? I did take the T to the range today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 04:16 pm:

I doubt that reaming the chambers would work, because the brass will expand to fit the new size due to the pressure when they fire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 04:31 pm:

This has happened to some of my semi autos before but we discovered it was specific to a brand of ammo. I think heat would affect it sooner.

Some powder mixtures leave behind more residue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen Brintnall on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 04:45 pm:

Have the same gun with the same problem. I figured it was my ammo. Allen Brintnall So. W. Mo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 04:48 pm:

I say fooling change ammo or clean with a bore brush every 3 or 4th firing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carey on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 05:00 pm:

I have a S/W K22 revolver that if I use 22 long rifle ammo they stick but if I use 22 long it works fine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 05:12 pm:

Next time out I will change ammo,(Wolf) My Rem 597 doesn't like Wolf ammo at all, It jams all the time with that stuff so I use it in the revolver. I use CCI or Win super X in the 597. I've never had a misfire using this cheap stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 05:39 pm:

Is wolf brand small caliber stuff have a coating on the casing? Wolf brand 7.62 locked up my ruger mini thirty after the coated steel casing melted and locked gun so badly the spent round had to be driven out with a rod and hammer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 05:49 pm:

Will, could the problem be head space?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 05:56 pm:

Wow that is cheap - they are as low as $99 brand new on Gun Broker.

I have several S&W .22 revolvers, all 35 or more years old. None of them have that problem. I can shoot them all day and never have any issues.

I bought a cheap .22 rifle several years ago, it is a Henry, made in the USA. It was less than $170 at Wal Mart. Outstanding for squirrel control.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 05:59 pm:

.22cal Wolf brand doesn't seem to have anything on the brass but the bullet itself has a wax type coating on it. As mentioned, It wont work at all in my Rem 597 but other than sticking in the chamber after a few rounds it does just fine in the revolver. It seems to be just as accurate as CCI or Win Super X. Now that said I should mention that I completely clean and reoil all my weapons after a day at the range no matter if one box of rounds or 20 was used. An average day for me is 300 rounds of .22 and 200 rounds of 9mm and if I take the 308 I'll send 40 round down range.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration