Another what is this headlight ????

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Another what is this headlight ????
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 10:52 pm:

I was digging thru some of the Estate parts I have been helping sell and came across a light I have never seen before. It is made exactly like a 1915 model T head light, except the light socket is in the wrong place. It has the square shoulder where the stem fits into the fender iron like the 1915 style and everything else is exactly the same in the smallest details. The socket holes are different in location and the light in question does not have a focus screw hole. So what have I found ... ????? Neither of the lights I show in the pics have a Ford script on them. But before 1919 not as many of the parts have the script as after 1919 when Henry really went after the "spurious counterfeit" parts offered by the aftermarket companies. This could be an aftermarket light, but the placement of the socket is just strange. It is in NOS condition like a lot of the other Estate parts were. Thanks .....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 10:56 pm:

I forgot to mention that the light with the shiny black paint in the photos is a regular 1915 style light with the square shoulder and the focus screw hole at 12:00 position ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Mino, near Porterville on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 11:04 pm:

headlight discussion

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, August 01, 2016 - 08:58 am:

Phil, Thanks for the link to the previous discussions. If Im reading it correctly my light is probably for a 1919-1920 Closed car and is the two bulb type. It is like the #520 style light in the discussion but does not have the markings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Monday, August 01, 2016 - 05:21 pm:

Donnie,

Sent you a PM.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration