Moonshine Model T-Phoyo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Moonshine Model T-Phoyo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 11:00 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 11:22 pm:

This is where the term "Show and Shine" came from.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Monday, August 01, 2016 - 12:10 am:

They're just out of gas and trying to get home. One jug for the flivver and one for the guys. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Monday, August 01, 2016 - 08:55 am:

I think this is what the young people refer to as "squad goals." Whatever that means.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, August 01, 2016 - 09:42 am:

Par-T Time .....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Monday, August 01, 2016 - 11:26 am:

We'll just take care of these here squeezens then tend to the farm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, August 01, 2016 - 12:35 pm:

I'm just wondering the way the title is worded that Herb may have had a snort from one of those jugs before he started typing :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 12:06 am:

Good one, Dave.

These guys must be friends with these Maxwell mechanics...

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 12:22 am:

The guy on the left is the factory driver, getting his cup of courage. That is the only way they could get anyone to race back in the day, is "ever clear courage"

The ratio was 1 cup for the driver 2 cups for the mechanics and 3 cups for the car.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 07:24 am:

Brasscarguy that is a great picture.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 12:40 pm:

Spokane had a high number of outfits producing and selling these jugs with their varied markings
for Spokane distilleries and sellers. I have about a dozen different jugs with Spokane underglaze ink
stamps. A favorite, is a from a place that advertised itself as a "family liquor store" !

"Hey kids, ... grabbed yourself a jug of mash !". Gotta get 'em started young, I guess ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 01:45 am:

Photo, "The Up-to-Date Family Liquor Store" !!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 05:05 am:

Mix your mash in the moons first quarter and your whisky will taste like it orter. Old family recipes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 09:03 am:

It's called caņa blanca here :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 09:26 am:

I own that Maxwell photo on a postcard which is probably where this version came from as I put it on the internet trying to prove my theory that it is an unpublished shot of Eddie Rickenbacker who drove for Maxwell and was known in later life to have a "taste" now and then.

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 10:34 am:

Howard-
I love that photo. Which one do you believe to be Eddie Rickenbacker?
-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 03:49 pm:

Keith, I'll get that scan to you later. Check out Eddie on the left in both photos here: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/453239.html?1403309576

Howard Dennis

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration