Before it got too hot outside I mounted the body on my '14 chassis. I had re-wooded it in the basement many months ago and then assembled it on a cut-off frame than I have used for many years.
The new wood aged nicely over the winter.
You may recall that I saved this sheet metal from the salvage pile as it was not restorable without extensive work.
I stopped working on this car last fall when the motor I was trying to save would not start. I turned out to have no compression. I have revived several old motors and driven many miles before rebuilding them but this one was not going to run. It is even now being properly rebuilt and will be better off for it.
I remember your posts saving otherwise "throw away" panels.
Looks great! You are missing one important piece of wood - the block to mount your horn bulb. This is Leon's body from a photo posted on the T Forum many years ago, looking at the LH side with the sheet metal removed.
Should go right about here.
The '14 resurrection is looking good Richard E!
Royce, Thank you for the horn block information. I knew of it, but haven't put that piece in my '15 runabout yet because I didn't know exactly where or how it went. Your information helps. As always.
Thank you both!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2
Thanks Royce. I have had it in mind. It was discussed when I was building the wood. Also I added some reinforcement brackets just head of it. Discussions mentioned that door pillar being a weak point.