'14 body on today.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: '14 body on today.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, August 01, 2016 - 02:43 pm:

Before it got too hot outside I mounted the body on my '14 chassis. I had re-wooded it in the basement many months ago and then assembled it on a cut-off frame than I have used for many years.

The new wood aged nicely over the winter.

You may recall that I saved this sheet metal from the salvage pile as it was not restorable without extensive work.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/480687.html?1411349997

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/484102.html?1413986654

I stopped working on this car last fall when the motor I was trying to save would not start. I turned out to have no compression. I have revived several old motors and driven many miles before rebuilding them but this one was not going to run. It is even now being properly rebuilt and will be better off for it.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, August 01, 2016 - 02:49 pm:

I remember your posts saving otherwise "throw away" panels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, August 01, 2016 - 02:52 pm:

Rich,

Looks great! You are missing one important piece of wood - the block to mount your horn bulb. This is Leon's body from a photo posted on the T Forum many years ago, looking at the LH side with the sheet metal removed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Monday, August 01, 2016 - 02:55 pm:

Should go right about here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, August 01, 2016 - 03:16 pm:

The '14 resurrection is looking good Richard E!
Royce, Thank you for the horn block information. I knew of it, but haven't put that piece in my '15 runabout yet because I didn't know exactly where or how it went. Your information helps. As always.
Thank you both!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, August 01, 2016 - 10:08 pm:

Thanks Royce. I have had it in mind. It was discussed when I was building the wood. Also I added some reinforcement brackets just head of it. Discussions mentioned that door pillar being a weak point.

Rich

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration