Really ... a bad connection?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Really ... a bad connection?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, August 01, 2016 - 05:52 pm:

Was trying to figure out why my #1 cylinder wasn't firing. I had trouble with intermittent firing for some time and eventually it cut out completely the other day.

I checked the compression, the plug, the coil and everything seemed to be ok. Even retired the coil box and soldered the springs to the long screws.

Finally, I cut the ends off all the wiring harness and soldered new ends ... which fixed the problem. So ... when I was testing the cylinder by shorting out the plug I saw a spark ... but evidently it was not a good enough spark. Hmmm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, August 01, 2016 - 06:08 pm:

Gremlins?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration