Fuel assembly

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Fuel assembly
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brooks Schlieben on Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 01:33 pm:

I will be installing a whole new fuel line assembly on my 1920 T to upgrade/make correct the make-shift arrangement on it now. Any tips from the pros? Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 01:37 pm:

Don't use copper.
Try to avoid the use of flare fittings.
Don't use rubber hose.
Install a shut-off at the carburetor.
Stay away from the exhaust pipe.
Don't use an in-line filter.

Maybe someone can post a "schematic" of the correct routing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 01:42 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/350544.html?1366060382

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 01:43 pm:

Use EZ Turn fuel lubricant on all the fuel fittings and valves. After years of putting up with leaks, weeps, and drips, a thin film of this stuff on all of the connection points has solved the problem.

Available here: https://www.modeltford.com/item/2902LUB.aspx 9

Or

Aircraft Spuce.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 01:49 pm:

Use steel brake line, not copper tubing. The standard route is over the exhaust pipe and inside the frame rail, but I prefer going under the exhaust like this.

This is no closer to the hot exhaust than 2" at its nearest point.

A shutoff valve is a good idea in case the carburetor develops a leak, but they're typically located at the carb, under the hood. Not an ideal location if there's an engine fire. I prefer to shut off the valve under the gas tank. You can use a piece of rod to make an extension so as to shut off the gas from the side of the car without having to crawl underneath.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brooks Schlieben on Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 04:28 pm:

Many thanks! Great info...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration