Restoration project begins

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Restoration project begins
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Manny Kourounis on Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 02:31 pm:

I have started disassembling my 1922 coupe. I removed the rear fenders and the side steps. I am having problems figuring out how the trunk is removed. Does anyone here know how it is mounted to the cab? It loosened up when I removed the rear fender mounts but it is rock solid under the cab. How is it attached to the cab? it is far from obvious. The car is in my profile photo.

Thanks for any help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 02:46 pm:

The '22 Coupes turtle deck is manufactured as part of the frame work. You will need to remove the sheet metal first and then disassemble the wood in pieces.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Manny Kourounis on Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 04:22 pm:

thanks Dennis,

Is sheet metal available for replacement or are my fabrication skills going to be tested?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 05:22 pm:

Fabrication skills will be tested. Some sheet metal is available and some fenders are too. Check out the vendors like Rootlieb who make some sheet metal parts. I can send some additional photos to you if you want me to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 05:25 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 05:29 pm:

The floor pan I fabricated as well as all the rear turtle deck top and back panels the sides of the turtle deck were patched by welding in panels.

The doors had panels welded in too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 05:32 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Manny Kourounis on Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 05:59 pm:

Dennis,

All the photos you can send will be greatly appreciated. I thought I was going to take off the trunk and cab and clean up and paint the chassis but this is a horse of a different color.

You can send them to my email if you wish mklooksup@yahoo.com or you can post them here. any advice is greatly appreciated. I'm sure I will be able to do this with some advice.

Thank you

Manny

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration