Camping for old car festival

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Camping for old car festival
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 04:04 pm:

I'm pulling my fifth wheeler from Tennessee with the t behind it and was wondering if any of you camp on site or do you use a campground. I can stay in a parking lot if they allow but I haven't lived there in a long time and I'm not sure of the neighborhood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 05:02 pm:

I stay in my motorhome in the parking lot which is fenced in and they have good security patrols on bikes. There really is a whole parking lot society which is fun to be a part of.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 06:52 pm:

This is a video I made a few years ago ...it starts out in the back of the parking lot and drives you through to the judging area. Lots of people stay right in their rigs in the parking lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blGSlAnAu1E

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 06:44 pm:

Good video. Thanks it helped a lot. They old a spot for the camper and were about as nice to me as they could have been. Going to miss our local tour but I thought I'd try this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Laughary on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 07:32 pm:

Don, We enjoyed that video very much!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 07:56 pm:

Great video Don. Thanks for sharing. Harv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 08:01 pm:

Richard, I'd check with the folks at the Village. Campers and trailers are a part of the reason for "limiting" vehicles at OCF. The plain and simple fact is, they are running out of room for the campers and trailers. Don't be surprised that you may have to park it somewhere out of the way -- not just you, though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 08:03 pm:

Great video, and a great paint job! Like a mirror! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 08:25 pm:

Marty. Talked to them today and they only allow so many entries and a camping spot is held for me. Plenty of parking for campers. No plug ins and the parking for the campers are 1 to 1/12 miles from the showing area. The campers have no effect on the amount of cars allowed. The people were super nice and gave me a ton of advise on when to show up and when not to. Looking forward to being part of it. I grew up in the Detroit area and then moved to Montana long long ago. Be good to see all my family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Monday, August 08, 2016 - 01:22 pm:

Richard, glad to hear it. Last time I had a meeting with the organizers, the were very concerned about where to put the trailers and motor homes. Guess they solved it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration