FJ - The real story about Henry Ford & John Dillinger - Model A getaway car - Ford's V-8

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: FJ - The real story about Henry Ford & John Dillinger - Model A getaway car - Ford's V-8
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 09:34 pm:

Tom & I were sitting around discussing Henry & John

I did a little research on the old interweb:

@ http://jalopnik.com/5531311/the-real-history-of-john-dillinger-and-henry-ford

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Kuczynski on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 07:23 am:

Thanks for the share. That was a good read.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 07:53 am:

There are a lot of stories about Dillinger. I ate in the back room of the Slippery Noodle Bar in Indianapolis. I was told that the bullets imbedded in the bricks there are from Dillinger's target practice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 11:40 am:

Dillinger's son Elvis was the Vice Principle at my junior high school.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 03:03 pm:

Burger .....

That explains a LOT ..... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 04:01 pm:

Neither letter has the same text as the one on display in Henry Ford Museum. ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 04:03 pm:

Oops, sorry, the one I had in mind was the Clyde Barrow letter. One of my favorite artifacts in the whole museum!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 04:04 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Kuczynski on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 04:06 pm:

I was thinking about that when I read the article, Jerry. Now I'm curious if the Barrow letter is legit...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration