Morton Brett Body Steel?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Morton Brett Body Steel?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Lang, MA on Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 11:04 pm:

Here are a few photos of one of my projects I'm still collecting parts for. The body looks to be Morton and Brett/Speedway Body. I was hoping someone here might know some history about the company and any info if the body is indeed Morton and Brett or a different supplier for the era. The windshield show was bought from a previous owner of the body and it looks like if I reform the replacement firewall I can get the holes just in front of the windshield to line back up again with the holes in the cowl.Another great buy that I had was a grill shell that also looks to be from the same supplier. I have the shell next to a Poliform fiberglass shell in one of the photos. I bought the shell at Hershey a few years ago.

At worst if info isn't found at least I can post these and maybe someone will get some inspiration on how to make a speedster body in the future.

Thank You Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Lang, MA on Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 11:05 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Lang, MA on Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 11:06 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Penserini - Sacramento Calif on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 04:13 am:

Looks like a Morton & Brett to me. www.coachbuilt.com has some info on Morton & Brett.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 05:24 pm:

Larry Sigworth has a DVD full to the brim with virtually every speedster body company info, old ads, etc. He is in Bartelsville, Oklahoma and once in a great while posts on here. I would think contacting him would be a step to take.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 02:55 pm:

If you look at the old ads these bodies were sold under many names. It is a great find and I would love to see it restored. One other note, these puppies are narrow. Around 31 or 32 inches if I recall.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Lang, MA on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 12:33 am:

Thank you for the feedback

Mike, I like that website. Someone has put a lot of time making it.

Stan, I talked to Larry Sigworth and he is going to send me both of his disks. He did give me a lot of good info just by talking with him for a few minutes on the phone that I did not know.

Andy, My body is a little warped but is measuring at 33" wide. I do believe it should be about one-inch narrower. The holes in the hood shelf section of the body spread and the windshield will line up once I get the firewall narrower.

I was able to get a radiator shell also for the body at Hershey a few years ago. The black radiator shell is a polifourm shell. The white one I believe to be original, and it came with the extension for the radiator neck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Lang, MA on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 12:35 am:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration