Magnet Bolts With No Holes?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Magnet Bolts With No Holes?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 11:02 am:

I am rebuilding my magneto and when I removed the magnets I noticed that the bolts do not have holes in the heads for wire tying. Are these OK to reuse?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 11:05 am:

The bolts that go in the "V" of the magnet don't have holes for safety wiring. Just tighten to 30 ft-lb and you're ready to go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 11:06 am:

Yes - Ford discontinued the need for the wire in later years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 11:10 am:

Thank you for the quick responses.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 11:12 am:

I use Loctite 243 blue on these bolts. (23478

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 11:12 am:

The bolts in Mike Bender's video below do not have holes for safety wire either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfG9Ib1udxc&index=18&list=PLYG_lIhIwKyLG8WQm4tGm KK1nA0Yctp6G

Mike, maybe I missed it, but what torque do you apply to those magnet base retainer bolts?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration