Dunn counterweighted crank

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Dunn counterweighted crank
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 11:48 am:

So while I'm exploring "other" T crank variations I would like to here about this option. I've now had them in my '27 roadster since 1978 for many thousands of miles with zero problems. They were quite "tricky " to install and I spent some time grinding and fitting and even building them up with weld. The results have been very satisfactory. I can't be the only person who has had decent results.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 11:49 am:

Photo? Not sure I know what this one is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 02:27 pm:

Here is older post, Fred Houston put nice photos up of the install.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/18003.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 03:41 pm:

Dan
Excellent thread on these weights. Back in '78 I didn't know about Devcon (or if it even existed). I spent a considerable amount of time making them fit to the late style crank and making sure they couldn't slide along the web. I then had it dynamically balanced. The flywheel was also balanced and I hand balanced at home the rods. Over the years I've pulled about .002 from the rods and about .003 from the centre main
Looks like I can't be the only success story. Hope to hear from others

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration