Vintage Ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Vintage Ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 11:51 am:

They are at it again. I just opened the latest issue, and there are several photos that I sent in back in 2008 of 1925 pickups, not to mention the two Jay never printed that got lost! And then there is the '17 coupe that was posted several years ago, that I now own, but no mention of all the previous owners since. How about some new material?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 12:53 pm:

Larry, I was reading an article you wrote years ago for the HCCA Gazette on proper setup geometry for external band brakes, that would make a good Vintage Ford article, assuming you still have the rights to the material. I don't know whether you would have to get permission from the HCCA or not (I would think not, since you are the original author). :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 01:39 pm:

It all depends if Larry kept "first rights;" if so, then he can publish all he wants! Although first asking the HCCA would be polite.
Larry, I was quite happy to look those pictures!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 02:33 pm:

Larry - I think there was new material, the article on valve stems, the article on transmission doors and the article on removing axle seals were all new material. Mixing a little old material never hurts, not all of our members have been members as long as you have. For many I'm sure this is the first time they have seen that stuff. If you want more new stuff send me your articles and Ideas, Jennifer and I will be happy to work with you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 03:50 pm:

Well, old material or not, I hadn't seen it before. Now I feel sorry that I enjoyed it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 03:50 pm:

By the way, these cars were last made 89 years ago. It's ALL old material.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 04:56 pm:

The way my memory is now I could read the same article every day and think it was new material! :-) I love the magazine and thanks to all who contribute and make it all happen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 06:26 pm:

Mike
Great Cover photo!
Is the train engine running a little rich? grin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn - Lincoln, NE on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 06:38 pm:

Thanks Kirk, that was a fun trip. We are going to do it again but this time we are going to spend a day riding the train.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander in Albion, Maine on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 06:45 pm:

I was very pleased to see the material on the T pick ups. I own one and Larry helped me get some of the difficult parts. Wish there was more info in the story.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John E Cox on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 07:07 pm:

Larry
which page in the magazine is the 17 coupe on?

The factory pictures of the 1925 pickup probably came off of McCalley's CD.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 08:01 pm:

Larry,

The photos of the 1925 pickups were previously published in the Nov-Dec 1987 "Vintage Ford" pages 18-20. So while they may have published the photos you sent back in 2008, they could have very easily published the ones from the magazine in 1987.

When I go out to my garage, I see the same Model T that was there yesterday. For that matter it is the same T that I had back in 2008. Sometimes I can take them for granted. Just today someone came into my office and saw the photo on my desk. It is of our 1918 taken back in 1993 or so. They were really excited about seeing the photo. And we talked for a while about the car etc. He had not seen it before, and for him it was not only a new photo, but one he was very interested in learning more about. So for many of the folks who did see the photos when they were published before -- for them they were new photos (and very nice ones at that). And for many of us that may not have looked at them lately, we had new things we wanted to look for etc.

I very much enjoyed the latest issue of the "Vintage Ford."

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 08:30 pm:

I am glad I don't have to find material for the Vintage Ford. It is a lot like the Forum in that most of the subjects have been covered several times. I have every issue but the first 5. The thrill of it coming in the mail subsided many years ago. Still it always has something I enjoy seeing. We all enjoy different subjects so it is hard to please everyone. Compare it to the AACA and VMCCA magazines that cover cars from the turn of the century to the 80's or so. At least we all are interested in cars from just 2 decades. We have been lucky to have excellent editors who keep it coming to us. Each of us has something we could contribute but seldom do.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 05:33 pm:

The '17 was in an issue about two or three issues ago. It was the same information, word for word that is in McCalleys book.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 09:49 pm:

This issue and the last one are among the best I've seen. Keep up the good work.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Frost on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 10:51 pm:

As a new guy, the tinkerin tips, is what interests me. Great photos, and seeing the old cars is a bonus. Keep up the great work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Monday, August 15, 2016 - 01:57 pm:

Tom Carnegie

Please keep those articles and stories coming.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 11:36 am:

You are welcome Kirk and thank you. I'll do my best! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 - 12:28 pm:

Yes, Tom...that was very nice.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration