Model T at Auction

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: Model T at Auction
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By D. R. Currier on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 06:18 pm:

http://owlshead.org/auctions/detail/1922-ford-model-t-open-cab-express-no-reserv e

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 06:24 pm:

It's nice but the $12,000 - $18,000 auction estimate seems pricey.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 08:04 pm:

It may be a tad expensive but the drive train is done and done by pros! It will need nothing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 07:31 am:

I'll chime in on that too - I know of more than one person who has paid in the $7500 range to have an engine done there - they do not cheat on ANYTHING. I contacted them about doing a short block for my 29 A two years ago and the starting price was $4500 - plus if it needed anything special...

You buy a car with an unknown engine, and you get what you pay for goes both ways.

Besides - it has a couple of parts from my barn on it and it is a good cause (getting younger people involved in T's)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 03:12 pm:

They had a similar project 2 years ago with a pre-auction estimate of 11-13K. I don't think it had a fully rebuilt engine, It went for 15,950 including buyers premium. oa

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 12:46 pm:

Sticker shock - I just went over to the museum and spoke with the mechanical curator there - the engine rebuild was "a bit over $9000" according to him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, August 05, 2016 - 12:59 pm:

Sometime folks with deep pockets will intentionally bid way overboard during charitable auctions.

Per the auction listing: "Proceeds from the sale of this 1922 Model T will be utilized to benefit museum educational programs, and a portion will also be allocated for a special award to a youngster pursuing a post-secondary education in the automotive restoration field."

Per the IRS: "Donors who purchase items at a charity auction may claim a charitable contribution deduction for the excess of the purchase price paid for an item over its fair market value. The donor must be able to show, however, that he or she knew that the value of the item was less than the amount paid."

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration