From floor mat

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2016: From floor mat
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derrick Pang on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 12:47 am:

Hey all, I'm looking for a front floor mat for my runabout. The boards keep sliding up ever so often and it makes it really dangerous to drive. If anyone has a used one they can sell me please let me know. It doesn't need to be perfect just heavy. Thank you in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 12:51 am:

Cut one out of an old truck mud flap.They stay put and floor boards do too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 09:58 am:

New ones aren't that expensive and they "Scuff up" quickly :-)
https://www.modeltford.com/item/3624E.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 10:15 am:

Chaffin's Garage Inc
1939 S. Main St.
Corona, CA 92882
Phone 951-735-4791
Fax 951-371-2367

Chaffin's Garage maintains the largest stock of Model T parts in the Western United States. We also manufacture and distribute many of those parts including parts for the Ruckstell Axle. Call for free 150 page catalog.

New or used the shipping going to be the same or more depending on how far it's shipped. Give Chaffin's a call.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 11:39 am:

If you replace the floor boards with tongue and groove it will stop that. Then the floor mat will help with some of the hot air coming from the engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 12:06 pm:

My floor boards have two 3/16", or so, wood pins that align the two upper boards. Seems to keep them in place fine. Pins in the lower board and holes in the upper board.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, August 04, 2016 - 12:12 pm:

If you have original floorboards, sometimes they can be loose side-to-side due to shrinkage or other factors.

You can take out the slop and make them tighter by tacking a wood shim on one or both ends (right and left ends) of the floorboards. This can also alleviate rattling floorboards. Popsicle sticks work great for shims - you can purchase them at the local craft store such as Michael's.

Also - in Ted Aschman's Tinkerin' Tips, he suggests using bowtie window screen clips to hold down unruly floorboards. You screw the clip to the riser. Once the floorboard is in place, twist the clip.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration